Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd
THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of managing Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd and delivering services accordingly, including working with 3rd party contracted service providers.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. We will only collect and store information that is required to provide services.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised client or business partner of Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd in the course of providing services to you.
- For audit and record-keeping and statutory purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations aligned to POPIA on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses provided and specify what information you require. We may need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act “personal information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
- Accounts and Statements relating to your accounts with Vertex Communication Solutions (Pty) Ltd & Vertex-in-Healthcare (Pty) Ltd
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website